12/10/13

My baby's eczema - overview

Eczema (atopic dermatitis) is in the most cases genetic skin condition. My husband had it and now my baby boy has it or should I say had it.
First sign of eczema I've noticed when my son was just 3 months old. Skin on the inside of elbow was red and sometimes wet sometimes dry. After that skin became red and dry on knees, the ties and in 2 months 90% of his body covered with eczema. Anyone who knows anything about eczema knows that itch is constant and really annoying. I believe that adults with this skin condition can hardly bare the itch but it hurt me so much when I think in what agony my baby was.
The itch is the worst enemy - because of it my baby scratch his skin and skin become infected with bacteria.
Using moisturizing creams certainly helps but there is no cream that could cure eczema. When skin is infected you have to use antibiotic cream and when skin is so inflamed  you have to use cream that contains hormones, steroids. These creams must not be used more that 5 times in month because they can damage skin of adult person. Can you imagine what it will do the sensitive skin like baby's? And the worst thing is that after using such steroid creams eczema will vanish BUT it will appear again in 3-5 days. Treating eczema is hard ...

Eczema can appear also due to allergies. Body can react on food, chemicals, inhalers etc.
I've read some articles on line and it's said that eczema is also psychosomatic but it's really hard for me to believe that babies can develop any kind of illness that is psychosomatic. But, I do believe that brain is in charge for everything that is going on in our life. I've always believed that I will find the way to cure my baby's eczema - and I did it.



No comments:

Post a Comment